Friday, June 21, 2013

By George, we did it!

Our Apartment is kinda weird shaped, and the kitchen is pretty darn small. And when we moved in we actually had a table, but it had been moved so many times in it's long life that it finally died.... we even tried to resurrect it, but it ended up looking like a Frankenstein table. And not in a good way. So we dropped it off at the DI then ran like the wind, like everyone else does with broken furniture, and went searching for a new table.
We then quickly found out how much people want for tables. And it's a lot. And they are all huge. And normally broken. So i decided after 10 minutes surfing on the internet I was going to build my own table and nothing was going to stop me. And to tell you the truth it wasn't that hard, and it was kinda fun. 
Matt was not on board at first, actually he laughed when i first mentioned it then said "ohh you're serious?" I somehow convinced him it was a good idea and 39$ later ( minus the legs.... those were a pretty penny, But they are gorgeous) we have my new favorite table.

It just needs one more coat of Polyurethane and it's done! And i now need to stalk the DI for some new chairs cause my old one just don't fit anymore, but besides that I'm pretty proud of my new table and it was so much cheaper then if i had tried to buy one. And it's the exact size i wanted it to be. Totally worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment