Friday, October 26, 2012

Chalkboard Paint is awesome


I think I've been having too much fun painting things because this is what i did on Wednesday on my day off. I picked up this side table from the DI on Tuesday night and was so excited i literally drove across the street and picked up chalkboard paint right after i left DI. Yes Chalkboard paint. i have always wanted to paint something with chalkboard paint so i took this as my first chance ( since my apartment will not let me paint walls... yes i know. It's very sad)


So we started. We took off the legs and started sanding. The brass pieces on the feet were the trickiest part. i tried every remedy i could find online but nothing would clean them up. Then Matt had a genius idea. So we took all four pieces to the auto shop on campus and he used the wire wheel to clean them up! Cheating. Maybe. But are they shiny now? YES!

So after two coats of Chalkboard paint it's done. I still have to prime it with chalk, and i have no idea why i would want to write on a coffee table. but who cares. I love it.


p.s. here's a shout out to my awesome $2.50 lamp from a garage sale. yes.


No comments:

Post a Comment